12th Russian Summer School in Information Retrieval (RuSSIR 2018)
August 27-31, 2018, Kazan, Russia, http://romip.ru/russir2018/
Application deadline: July 10, 2018
*Information Retrieval for Good*
The school will be held with a special focus on applications in humanitarian, medical, and health domains.
The 12th Russian Summer School in Information Retrieval (RuSSIR 2018) will be held on August 27-31, 2018 in Kazan, Russia. The school is co-organized by the Kazan Federal University and the Russian Information Retrieval Evaluation Seminar (ROMIP).
The main goals of the RuSSIR school series are to enable students to learn about modern problems and methods in information retrieval and related disciplines; to stimulate scientific research and collaboration in the field; to create an environment for successful networking between scientists, students, and industry professionals.
RuSSIR 2018 will offer the following keynotes and courses:
* Carlos Castillo (Universitat Pompeu Fabra) — “Crisis Informatics”, “The Biases of Social Data”
* Cathal Gurrin (School of Computing, Dublin City University) — “The Information Retrieval Challenge of Lifelogs and Personal Life Archives”
* Henning Müller (University of Geneva) — “Evaluation of IR systems and multi-modal retrieval in the medical domain”
* Valentin Malykh, Mikhail Burtsev (Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology) — “Conversational AI through Deep Learning”
* Rishabh Mehrotra (Spotify Research) — “Learning from User Interactions”
* Guido Zuccon (Queensland University of Technology) — “Health Search”
* Harrie Oosterhuis (University of Amsterdam) — “Learning to Rank and Evaluation in the Online Setting”
* Prasenjit Mitra (Pennsylvania State University) — “Retrieving Information Interactively Using Natural Language”
Summer school participants will be provided with space and timeslot to present their current research projects/ideas at poster sessions to get feedback from the fellow students and the lecturers.
In addition to educational and social activity, the school will have a versatile social program.