CALL FOR PAPERS
The 6th Language and Technology Conference (LTC 2013), a meeting organized by the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland in cooperation with the Adam Mickiewicz University Foundation, will take place on December 7-9, 2013.
Since very beginning the meetings of the LTC series continue to address
Human Language Technologies (HLT) as a challenge for computer
science, linguistics and related fields. Fostering language technologies and resources remains an important mission in the dynamically changing information-saturated world. We aim at contributing to this mission
and we invite you to join us in that at LTC 2013 in December 2013, traditionally held in PoznaÅ„, Poland.
The conference topics include the following (the ordering is not significant):
* electronic language resources and tools
* formalization of natural languages
* parsing and other forms of NL processing
* computer modeling of language competence
* NL user modeling
* NL understanding by computers
* knowledge representation
* man-machine NL interfaces
* Logic Programming in Natural Language Processing
* speech processing
* NL applications in robotics
* text-based information retrieval and extraction
* question answering
* tools and methodologies for developing multilingual systems
* translation enhancement tools
* corpora-based methods in language engineering
* WordNet-like ontologies
* methodological issues in HLT
* language-specific computational challenges for HLTs (especially for
languages other than English)
* validation in all areas of HLTs
* HLT standards and best practices
* HLTs as a support for foreign language teaching
* HLTs as support for e-learning
* communicative intelligence
* NLP methods in cyber-criminality detection and prevention
* legal issues connected with HLTs (problems and challenges)
* contribution of HLTs to the Homeland Security problems (technology
applications and legal aspects)
* visionary papers in the field of HLT
* HLT related policies
* system prototype presentations
This list is by no means closed and we are open to further proposals. Please do not hesitate to contact us with new suggestions and ideas. Please help us to understand how to best satisfy your expectations concerning the program. We are open to suggestions concerning accompanying events (workshops, exhibits, panels, etc). Suggestions, ideas and observations may be addressed directly to the LTC Chair by email (vetulani[эт]amu.edu.pl).
LANGUAGE: The conference language is English
The conference accepts papers in English. Papers (5 formatted pages in the conference format) are due by September 4, 2013 (midnight, any time zone) and should not disclose the author(s) in any manner. In order to facilitate submission we have decided to reduce the formatting requirements as much as possible at this stage. Please, have a look at www.ltc.amu.edu.pl (Paper Submission section).
All submissions are to be made electronically via the LTC 2013 web
submission system (EasyChair). Acceptance/rejection notification will be sent by September 25, 2013.
The Word template (ELRA/LREC based format) is available from http://www.ltc.amu.edu.pl (Paper Submission section).
Acceptance will be based on the reviewers’ assessments (anonymous
submission model). The accepted papers will be published in the conference
proceedings (hard copy, with ISBN number) and on CD-ROM. The abstracts
of the accepted contributions will also be made available via the
conference page (during its lifetime). Publication requires full
electronic registration and payment of the conference fee (full
registration) by at least one of the co-authors before October 23, 2013.
A post-conference volume with extended versions of selected papers is planned to be published. As this was the case for the last three conferences, we intend to publish them in the Springer series Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence.
* Deadline for submission of papers for review: September 4, 2013
* Acceptance/Rejection notification: September 25, 2013
* Deadline for submission of final versions of accepted papers: October
* Conference: December 7-9, 2013
Only electronic registration will be possible. Details will be published at
AWARDS FOR BEST STUDENT PAPERS
As at the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Language and Technology Conferences (2005, 2007, 2009, 2011) special awards will be granted to the best student papers. The regular or PhD students (on the date of paper submission) are concerned. More details at www.ltc.amu.edu.pl.
Much more important information is or will be provided at the conference site www.ltc.amu.edu.pl. Please check this site from time to time and do not hesitate to ask questions through ltc13[эт]amu.edu.pl.