Second Call for Papers
The 13th International Conference on Parsing Technologies
Sponsored by ACL/SIGPARSE
Organized by Nara Institute of Science and Technology (NAIST)
**** Extended Deadline for paper submission: September 13, 2013 ****
ACL/SIGPARSE will host the 13th International Conference on Parsing Technologies (IWPT 2013) on November 27-29, 2013, organized by the Nara Institute of Science and Technology (NAIST) in Nara, Japan.
IWPT 2013 continues the tradition of biennial workshops/conferences on parsing technology initiated by Masaru Tomita and organized by SIGPARSE, the Special Interest Group on Natural Language Parsing of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL). The first workshop in Pittsburgh and Hidden Valley has been followed by conferences in Cancun (Mexico) in 1991; Tilburg (Netherlands) and Durbuy (Belgium) in 1993; Prague and Karlovy Vary (Czech Republic) in 1995; Boston/Cambridge (Massachusetts) in 1997; Trento (Italy) in 2000; Beijing (China) in 2001; Nancy (France) in 2003; Vancouver (Canada) in 2005; Prague (Czech Republic) in 2007; Paris (France) in 2009; and Dublin (Ireland) in 2011.
Topics of interest for IWPT 2013
IWPT 2013 invites the submission of papers on original and unpublished research relevant to natural language parsing, including but not limited to:
• parsing of natural language (phonological, morphological, syntactic, semantic, discourse, etc.);
• formal models and algorithms for recognition, parsing and transduction;
• machine learning techniques for syntax and parsing
• complexity of languages, models and algorithms;
• learning of recursive structure (linguistic/latent);
• parsing in machine translation (synchronous parsing; alignment by parsing; translation by parsing, etc.);
• cognitive models of language processing;
• multilingual and multimodal perspectives on syntax and parsing;
• domain and genre adaptation, portability and robustness of parsing systems;
• practical applications of parsing technology;
• parser evaluation (across languages and frameworks)
• Deadline for paper submission: September 13, 2013
• Notification of acceptance: October 18, 2013
• Final papers due: November 1, 2013
• Conference: November 27-29, 2013
Two types of regular submissions are invited:
• Long papers (up to 8 pages + references) are appropriate for completed work with a substantial research contribution.
• Short papers (up to 6 pages + references) are appropriate for small, focused contributions, but also for work in progress, project notes, and position papers.
IWPT 2013 also invites submissions for:
• Position papers (up to 8 pages + references) are appropriate for work that proposes or defends positions of general interest the SIGPARSE community. These papers will be judged upon scope of topic, novelty of ideas, thoroughness, quality of argumentation, timeliness of topic and expected impact on the IWPT research community.
IWPT 2013 will offer a Best Student Paper Award to papers of which the main author is a student.
Detailed formatting and submission instructions for authors are found at the conference website:http://acl.cs.qc.edu/i
Paper submission using the START system is at:https://www.softconf.com/e/
Contact and Further Information
Questions concerning IWPT 2013 can be sent to the general chair at email@example.com.
Additional information about IWPT 2013 can be found at http://acl.cs.qc.edu/iwpt2013/
Information about previous IWPTs, proceedings, books based on IWPTs, and SIGPARSE related activities can be found athttp://www.cs.cmu.edu/~sigpa