We are pleased to announce the release of DKPro Core, version 1.7.0 (ASL
& GPL), a collection of interoperable software components for natural
language processing (NLP) based on the Apache UIMA framework.
* hunpos — wrapper for hunpos, a HMM pos tagger including models for
* langdetect — wrapper for language-detection, a language detection tool
* mallet — wrapper for topic modelling using MALLET;
* textnormalizer — original components for text normalization, e.g.
spelling correction, umlaut normalization, expressive lengthening
* io.conll — support for CoNLL 2000, 2002, 2009 and 2012 formats;
* io.ditop — support for DiTop topic model visualization format;
* io.penntree — support for combined and chunked formats;
* io.tueppdz — support for TüPP-D/Z format.
Further highlights in this release include:
* Upgrade to Apache UIMA 2.6.0;
* Upgrade LanguageTools to version 2.7;
* Upgrade MaltParser to version 1.8;
* Upgrade Stanford CoreNLP to version 3.4.1;
* Support additional MaltParser models: Bengali, Farsi, Polish;
* Support additional MSTParser models: Croatian;
* Support additional OpenNLP models: Spanish;
* Support additional Stanford CoreNLP models: Spanish, English caseless,
shift-reduce parser models.
A more detailed overview of the changes in this release can be found here:
When upgrading, please mind that you should not mix different versions
of DKPro Core components in your projects — they may not be compatible
with each other.