First Call for Participation
LxMLS 2017 — 7th Lisbon Machine Learning School
We invite everyone interested in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing to attend the 7th Lisbon Machine Learning School — LxMLS 2017.
* Application Deadline: April 15, 2017
* Decision: May 15, 2017
* Early Registration: May 20 — June 23, 2017
* Summer School: July 20-27, 2017
Topics and Intended Audience
The school will cover a range of Machine Learning (ML) topics, from theory to practice, that are important in solving Natural Language Processing (NLP) problems that arise in the analysis and use of Web data.
Our target audience is:
* Researchers and graduate students in the fields of NLP and Computational Linguistics;
* Computer scientists who have interests in statistics and machine learning;
* Industry practitioners who desire a more in depth understanding of these subjects.
Features of LxMLS:
* No deep previous knowledge of ML or NLP is required, but the attendants are assumed to have at least some basic background on probabilities and programming;
* Recommended reading will be provided in advance;
* Includes a strong practical component;
* A day zero is scheduled to review basic concepts and introduce the necessary tools for implementation exercises;
* Days will be divided into tutorials and practical sessions (view schedule);
* Both basic (e.g linear classifiers) and advanced topics (e.g. deep learning) will be covered;
* Instructors are leading researchers in machine learning.
List of Confirmed Speakers
LUIS PEDRO COELHO European Molecular Biology Laboratory | Germany
MÁRIO FIGUEIREDO Instituto de Telecomunicações and University of Lisbon | Portugal
STEFAN RIEZLER Institut für Computerlinguistik, Universität Heidelberg | Germany
ALEXANDRA BIRCH University of Edinburgh | UK
NOAH SMITH University of Washington | USA
FERNANDO PEREIRA Google Inc. | USA
XAVIER CARRERAS Xerox Research Center Europe | France
MARK GALES University of Cambridge | UK
YOAV GOLDBERG Bar Ilan University | Israel
BHIKSHA RAJ Carnegie Mellon University | USA
GRAHAM NEUBIG Carnegie Mellon University | USA
CHRIS DYER Google Deep Mind | UK
KYUNGHYUN CHO New York University | USA
Please visit our webpage for up to date information: http://lxmls.it.pt/2017.
To apply, please fill the form in https://lxmls.wufoo.com/forms/application-form/.
Any questions should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to your participation!
— The organizers of LxMLS’2017.